Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Enamel Painted Vase



I've seen a bunch of these on Pinterest and wanted to try it out myself! 

Supplies:
1. Small Vase (I took one from my mom, but you can get them at the dollar store!) 
2. Enamel (See Below) 

So in other examples I've seen, people were able to find much bigger bottles of enamel, but when I went to Michael's this was all they had. The brand is Testors and its 1/4 fl oz. It's pretty tiny but enough to make one small vase. 

I started by pouring a little bit of the enamel at the bottom of the vase

Then I rotated the vase so that the enamel coated the inside. Be careful as you do this, the enamel is very messy and sticky if you get it on your fingers. But nail polish remover got it off my hands! 


I had to add more enamel as I rotated so that it would cover the entire inside of the vase. This took a little bit longer than I expected and some spots were harder to coat and took a lot of turing and adding more enamel. 




I finally got it all covered! I turned it upside-down to let the excess drip out. I left it overnight to dry. 


I added a cute pink flower and voila! Super cute and perfect for my room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment